You’ve probably seen a company hire a MEAN stack developer or a full stack developer and wondered what those terms meant. What makes a MEAN stack developer different from a full stack developer? What is the difference between full-stack and MEAN stack? Is there a difference in the talents that are required?
Two of the most popular web development approaches are full-stack development and mean stack development. Choosing between two innovative web development concepts is critical since your product’s future is at stake. However, if the web development concept is incompatible with the product, it will die on the market sooner. Furthermore, you will not have high customer retention if you cannot build an immersive environment on your website. Choose from the various full stack web development courses available online to understand the various concepts better.
Today, w’ll address all of your questions and hopefully dispel any worries you may have had about them.
What does full stack mean?
A full-stack developer is a web developer or engineer who works on both the front and back ends of a website or application. They may work on projects involving databases, user-facing websites, and even working with customers during the planning stage.
Responsibilities of a Full Stack Developer
- developing front-end website architecture.
- Creating web page user interactions.
- Creating website applications for the back end.
- For functionality, servers and databases are created.
- Ensure mobile phone cross-platform optimization.
- Assuring application responsiveness.
- For web design features, I collaborate with graphic designers.
- Seeing a project through from inception to completion.
- Creating and designing APIs.
- Providing for both technical and consumer requirements.
- Keeping up with the latest online applications and programming languages.
Qualifications for education and required skills
Full-stack developers must have excellent organizing abilities because they deal closely with clients. The following are the remaining requirements:
- holder of a bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities
- It’s critical to pay close attention to the smallest details.
What exactly is a mean stack?
A MEAN stack developer is someone who specializes in one or more areas. The term “MEAN stack development” refers to the development process encompassing these technologies. NodeJS, MongoDB, Expressjs, AngularJs MEAN stack developers are similar to JS-based application developers.
There are four technologies in the MEAN stack development:
- M – MongoDB is a database that does not use SQL.
- E – Express is a Node.JS-based back-end website application framework.
- N – is a cross-platform run-time environment for Node.JS. Node.JS is mostly used to create a network and server-side applications.
Description of the Position
In the form of job advertisements, below are some real-life MEAN Stack Developer examples:
- Hands-on experience with Node.js, MongoDB, Angular.js, and Express.js and the ability to manage them.
- Architect, Develop, test, and deliver high-performance, scalable, and responsive products.
- Large and complicated relational and non-relational databases must be designed and maintained.
- As needed, establish, fine-tune, and integrate development environment tools and software.
- As part of the deployment, identify production and non-production application concerns.
- Deploy applications on the AWS cloud with the ability to troubleshoot hosting difficulties fast.
Qualifications in education and required skills
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering (B.Tech, M.Tech) or a master’s degree in computer applications is required (MCA)
- Exceptional research abilities
- Dedicated to the task at hand to achieve the finest results
- Strong analytical and management abilities
MEAN Stack vs Full Stack
the following are the most significant differences:
1. From a technological standpoint
Full Stack necessitates familiarity with various front-end and back-end technologies and deployment, optimization, web design, and automation. They will be expected to deal with a wide range of technologies and nearly everything that involves the creation of modern web applications.
2. From the developer’s standpoint
full-stack developers are in high demand due to their versatility. Full Stack refers to developers’ abilities to work on both the client and server sides of a project. They are in charge of ensuring that the website runs well and is constantly improved.
3. Database accessibility
As stated previously in MEAN Stack, there is just one database, Mongo DB. Mongo DB is a non-rational database, as you may know. As a result, it creates documents for each one rather than keeping records in tables.
Nowadays, web developers prefer MongoDB to databases. As a result, because of its growth and security.
In full-stack development, developers can deal with a variety of databases. MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQLite are all included.
4. Web-based frameworks
The MEAN stack includes both front-end and back-end web frameworks. With AngularJS, anyone can learn client-side web programming. Also, in no time, server-side web development with NodeJS and ExpressJS.
On the other hand, full-stack development allows you to work with a variety of front-end and back-end web frameworks. Several full-stack web frameworks are available, and as a result, it is dependent on their preferred programming language and project specifications.
Salary of a Full-Stack Developer vs a MEAN Stack Developer
According to Neuvoo, the average income paid to MEAN Stack Developers in India is around 900,000 per year, while it is roughly US$120,000 per year in the United States.
According to Glassdoor, Full Stack Developers in India earn roughly 695,737 per year, while Full Stack Developers in the United States earn around US$105,813 per year.
Both Mean Stack and Full Stack development techniques have advantages and disadvantages. In terms of their developers, the companies should first define their criteria before looking for them. Because, as we can see, a full stack developer’s skillset differs from that of a medium stack developer.
Full-stack and mean stack share certain commonalities and are highly different from one another. Mean Stack will eventually be incorporated into full-stack. As a result, to work extensively on the whole stack, you must understand the entire stack as a developer. Start today by enrolling in a competitive programming course.